CARRY HARRY (1942)

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Ed Watz
Associate

CARRY HARRY (1942)

Postby Ed Watz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:03 am

Harry Langdon is our eponymous hero in this delightful late Columbia short, which begins around the 5:40 mark after an introduction. Directed by his old friend and collaborator Harry Edwards, it's clear that Langdon had a hand in the writing as he reuses gags from both THREE'S A CROWD and THE CHASER.

In English with Spanish subtitles.

https://youtu.be/JY_vEmlMxkM?si=hZrnj3V7IFi42Cne
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)

Ed Watz
Associate

Re: CARRY HARRY (1942)

Postby Ed Watz » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:43 pm

Harry's career in 1942 seemed to be on a modest but genuine rebound; currently on eBay is this cast & crew still from the PRC feature HOUSE OF ERRORS, a good little comedy that serves Harry and his screen partner Charley Rogers particularly well. It also marks the final film appearance of lovely Marian Marsh before her retirement from the screen. I spoke with her at Cinecon 30 years ago (yikes!) and she recalled working with Langdon to be an enjoyable experience.

HOUSE OF ERRORS.jpg
HOUSE OF ERRORS.jpg (115.01 KiB) Viewed 2101 times
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)