The Stooges Scrapbook

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Rob King
Associate

The Stooges Scrapbook

Postby Rob King » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:21 pm

Dear Mafiosi:

A request for some Stooges-related help: does anyone know if the cartoon segments from “The Stooges Scrapbook” (1960 TV pilot) circulate anywhere?

I see that a couple of people have posted the live-action segments (subsequently reworked into Three Stooges in Orbit) on Youtube. I know virtually nothing about this pilot, but, apparently, the live-action scenes were given theatrical release as a short when it failed to sell.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIaQHFzEU8)

My question: is the same also true of the cartoons? The Lenburg, Howard Maurer, and Lenburg book The Three Stooges Scrapbook briefly describes a scene or two from the animated segments in a way that certainly implies their survival.

In the meantime, I hope you’ve all been enjoying the holiday season – and best wishes to all for the New Year,
Rob

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: The Stooges Scrapbook

Postby Richard M Roberts » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Rob King wrote:Dear Mafiosi:

A request for some Stooges-related help: does anyone know if the cartoon segments from “The Stooges Scrapbook” (1960 TV pilot) circulate anywhere?

I see that a couple of people have posted the live-action segments (subsequently reworked into Three Stooges in Orbit) on Youtube. I know virtually nothing about this pilot, but, apparently, the live-action scenes were given theatrical release as a short when it failed to sell.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WIaQHFzEU8)

My question: is the same also true of the cartoons? The Lenburg, Howard Maurer, and Lenburg book The Three Stooges Scrapbook briefly describes a scene or two from the animated segments in a way that certainly implies their survival.

In the meantime, I hope you’ve all been enjoying the holiday season – and best wishes to all for the New Year,
Rob

Paul G ran one of the animated segments at Slapsticon when he did his THREE STOOGES RARITES show.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard Finegan

Postby Richard Finegan » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:01 am

Rob King
Associate

Postby Rob King » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks for this information, Richard and Richard. So it looks as though The Spain Mutiny doesn't really circulate at all, then? I suppose that's as good an argument as any for showing up for Slapsticon early: I never arrive in time to catch all of Paul's Thursday night shows.