Atoll K "Mystery Woman"

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Chris Seguin

Atoll K "Mystery Woman"

Postby Chris Seguin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:12 pm

I've seen every Laurel & Hardy film dozens of times, and ATOLL K more times than I care to admit. But I just noticed this for the first time (it helps when you have a nice print, such as the German DVD "Dick und Doof erben eine Insel"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlR98ezoAFg

Watch the first 6 seconds or so, then keep your eye on the ventilator shaft to the right, near the Captain's hand. As Wayland Smithers said to Mr. Burns: "Women and seamen don't mix, sir".

Chris

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Atoll K "Mystery Woman"

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok Steve, who is she and what are her other credits?
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Steve Massa
Capo

Postby Steve Massa » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 pm

I think it's Virginia Ruth Laurel (Stan's 2nd and 4th wife) trying to get back alimony.
Steve

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:08 pm

LOL! Mystery solved!
Or Mae Laurel, still looking for that purser with all her jewels...

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:44 am

Chris Seguin wrote:I've seen every Laurel & Hardy film dozens of times, and ATOLL K more times than I care to admit. But I just noticed this for the first time (it helps when you have a nice print, such as the German DVD "Dick und Doof erben eine Insel"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlR98ezoAFg

Watch the first 6 seconds or so, then keep your eye on the ventilator shaft to the right, near the Captain's hand. As Wayland Smithers said to Mr. Burns: "Women and seamen don't mix, sir".

Chris

That shot screams "script girl or twenty-fifth assistant didn't know it was a real take and it's just a bridging plot shot so what the heck, no one will notice". You have really been watching ATOLL K a few too many times.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:05 am

You can NEVER watch Atoll K too many times...(and until you've seen the Polish dub, you ain't seen nuthin'!) Chris