The Boys and The Beau Hunks band

This forum is nearly identical to the previous forum. The difference? Discussions about comedy from the SOUND era.
Tim Greer
Cugine

The Boys and The Beau Hunks band

Postby Tim Greer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I recently purchased The Beau Hunks play Laurel & Hardy CD boxset. I plan on picking up their On To The Show CD sometime, but I was wondering if the Our Relations CD is worth it too? Many thanks!
www.feetofmud.com - Dedicated to the preservation and advocacy of Harry Langdon's comedic genius.

Matt Barry
Associate

Re: The Boys and The Beau Hunks band

Postby Matt Barry » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 pm

I own the OUR RELATIONS CD and enjoy it quite a bit. There are a lot of fun incidental compositions on that soundtrack, and it's one of my favorite scores (especially the main credits cue, "We're Just a Happy Family") to any of their films aside from WAY OUT WEST. Plus there are extensive and very informative liner notes from Richard W. Bann with the CD that are well worth reading.
Matt Barry

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 pm

I also have the OUR RELATIONS CD and it's very good and worth having. There are compositions from deleted scenes and it's done quite well.

Ed Watz
Associate

Postby Ed Watz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:55 am

The OUR RELATIONS CD would be worth owning if just for the extended version of "Fancy This" (familiar as the tune heard in COUNTY HOSPITAL, when Ollie instructs Stan to cut the leg off his trousers). All of the numbers included are delightful, though, and the Dick Bann booklet is invaluable as well.
"Of course he smiled -- just like you and me." -- Harold Goodwin, on Buster Keaton (1976)