The Posts of Christmas Pasts

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Joe Migliore
Cugine

Re: The Posts of Christmas Pasts

Postby Joe Migliore » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:50 am

Rob Farr wrote:
The title of the Worst Theatrical Short Ever Made goes to Kids Will be Kids starring the execrable Mischief Makers. http://youtu.be/4ARMaLkneoQ

Wow. Rob called it. I promise I won't ever complain about "WHAT MAKES LIZZY DIZZY?" again. I'm also more flexible on my position about what M-G-M did to Our Gang.

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Yikes! Fifteen minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm

Gary Johnson
Most of what I purchase is rarely hot off the press. Just stuff that I've been meaning to pick up for some time. For instance, the New Zealand Lost and now Found Treasures.

Picked up this DVD for myself also just to see the Keystone LOST IN A CUPBOARD with Mabel Normand, ANDY'S STUMP SPEACH and the Paul Terry Fables cartoon HAPPY-GO-LUCKIES. All very good, what struck my the most was the Normand comedy most likely not seen since it's first released about a hundred years ago and here we are watching it again. She was a very capable comedy maker and there's plenty of comic business in this one.

Another interesting film was UPSTREAM a comedy directed by John Ford about one of the actors from a boarding house for actors and actresses making it big and becoming a snob. I don't know the actors in this film as I am more familiar with the comedians. Will watch it again sometime.