Silent Comedy New Book!

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Jim Roots

Silent Comedy New Book!

Postby Jim Roots » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm happy to announce my book on silent comedy is finally available!

http://www.amazon.com/100-Greatest-Sile ... 265&sr=1-1

... and in other fine bookstores, and in some lousy ones too!

I put all of your names in it, so you'll have to buy it and go search for your golden moment in print.

I'm sure some of you won't be happy with what you read, especially in the bibliography. I actually wrote full-blown reviews of every one of the books I used -- only about half of them are included in the finished product -- but my editor had a heart-attack when he realized I had submitted a bibliography of over 150 pages, so I was forced to reduce all those reviews to one or two lines only. The full reviews would probably mollify some offended authors (except for one, who deserved the thorough ripping I gave her book because it is bad). Hopefully some day I will get the chance to publish an entire book of my reviews of other people's books, and then I'll really be persona non grata around here.

I wish my book wasn't so expensive. All I can do is assure y'all that it is worth every penny, especially if you want to find out why Snub Pollard is ranked #49 while Phyllis Haver is ranked tied for #11. Whaaaaa!?!?!?!?

Happy reading, gang!

Jim
When you're surrounded by vultures, playing dead is not a good strategy.

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Re: Silent Comedy New Book!

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Best of luck with your tome, Jim, it's on my Christmas list!

SteveR