Slapsticon 2010

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Slapsticon 2010

Postby Agnes McFadden » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:44 am

I looked on the Slapsticon website, and the dates listed are July 15-16.

Is this a misprint? I didn't think that the film festival was shortened to 2 days.
(Is it July yet?)

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Slapsticon 2010

Postby Richard M Roberts » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Agnes McFadden wrote:I looked on the Slapsticon website, and the dates listed are July 15-16.

Is this a misprint? I didn't think that the film festival was shortened to 2 days.
(Is it July yet?)

Agnes McFadden

OOPS! No, it's July 15-18th, Thursday through Sunday. I'll yell at the webmistress and get it corrected.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Re: Slapsticon 2010

Postby Agnes McFadden » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 pm

I didn't want to get anyone in trouble. I just saw that only 2 dates were listed, and I was concerned!

Since the City of Arlington prevented having the festival in 2009, I was hoping that we weren't being chopped in half for next year.
You know, we could make up the lost time by doubling 2010 and having an 8 day blowout of early comedy............OK, am I the only one who wants to sit through 8 days straight of it ? Probably so, but I get so little outlet for it at home, that I really look froward to going to Arlington and tuning everything else off. What a gift when the only thing one has to do is to enjoy good friends and laugh at rare films!

Ah, only a little over 9 months..................................................

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden