Kinowelt announces SPUK UM MITTERNACHT, Lloyd, Chaplin

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Uli Ruedel
Capo

Kinowelt announces SPUK UM MITTERNACHT, Lloyd, Chaplin

Postby Uli Ruedel » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:17 am

According to German DVD site Cinefacts, Kinowelt has announced their March, 2010 releases. The list includes the German phonetic SPUK UM MITTERNACHT, a BEST OF CHAPLIN (no idea what that would be), and a HAROLD LLOYD EDITION (makes me wonder whether they have early Lloyd among Kirch's Hal Roach Library).

As far as LH's phonetic versions on DVD go, this still leaves NUIT unavailable and DE BOTE... practically impossible to get. Wonder whether Kinowelt might be considering including those as extras...

Uli

Chris Seguin

Re: Kinowelt announces SPUK UM MITTERNACHT, Lloyd, Chaplin

Postby Chris Seguin » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

This is very cool news indeed, and I'll be first in line to get SPUK!

My guess is that this will be similar to the earlier BE BIG/LAUGHING GRAVY disc of a few years ago... with the original English versions of MURDER-CASE and BERTH MARKS, the German and Spanish phonetic versions, and hopefully whatever exists of UNE NUIT EXTRAVAGANTE. But that's just a guess!

Uli Ruedel
Capo

Re: Kinowelt announces SPUK UM MITTERNACHT, Lloyd, Chaplin

Postby Uli Ruedel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:08 am

Along with an interview with Stefan Drössler, just the English version and the PARDON US trailer as extras, it turns out:
http://www.kinowelt.de/dvd/dick_doof_sprechen_deutsch_spuk_um_mitternacht

The Chaplin and Lloyd sets are reissues of the mk2 and Sony editions -- seems like Kinowelt / Arthaus wants to become the home for classic comedy DVDs in Germany.

Uli