OT: If You Ever Attended a Slapsticon in Arlington VA

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Rob Farr
Godfather

OT: If You Ever Attended a Slapsticon in Arlington VA

Postby Rob Farr » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Then you'll get a laugh out of the Arlington Rap on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T1RMuoQnKo
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Re: OT: If You Ever Attended a Slapsticon in Arlington VA

Postby Thomas Reeder » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:26 pm

You have some budding talents down there. I'll ask what the joke is regarding the "Green Line," but maybe I shouldn't.

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:47 pm

The Green Line goes to some neighborhoods that have seen better times, so the joke is a bit classist or racist, take your pick.
Rob Farr

Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Postby Thomas Reeder » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:34 pm

That's what I figured.

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Postby Agnes McFadden » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks Rob,

It was funny (and it was great seeing some of Arlington since this summer there is no Slapsticon - sob,sob).

I have only been to a Starbucks once in my life ( they are a bit pricy for a cupo of tea), and it was ..........in......................Arlington . It was one of the few places open on Sunday during Slapsticon.

Maybe if I put the Arlington Rap on the computer, and the Langdon shorts on the TV next to the computer I might get through the middle of July ? Nope!

The euphoria from Slapsticon 2008 is wearing off - it only lasts for 12 months! How do I cope?

Agnes McFadden
Agnes McFadden

Rob Farr
Godfather

Postby Rob Farr » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:05 am

How do you cope? How do we cope? I really miss having a Slap this year and inviting a few friends over for a movie party just won't do it. Since you're closer to NYC maybe you can get to one of Steve and Ben's "Cruel & Unusual Comedy" screenings at MoMA and then we'll go out for dinner afterwards. Let me know when you're going and maybe I can AMTRAK up and join you.
Rob Farr

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Postby Agnes McFadden » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks Rob,

I needed to watch that video again today.

I took a temp job that required WAY more hours than a mother of 4 with a hubby who is never home and frequently out of town on business shoudl have taken. I kept my girls in a dance class 50 miles away, was in the band for their school play, and tried to do everything a mom should do, plus a job that was a minimum of 40 hours a week.

I didn't think I woudl get through it, but I was doing it to pay for stuff for my kids, and to make sure that I ahd the money ( in hard times) for Slapsticon. I was going to do whatever it took to make sure that I could go to Slapsticon!

Sitting here typing in PA, well, we see how far that got me this year!

I wanted to be in Arlington this week!

Agnes
Agnes McFadden

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Agnes McFadden wrote:Thanks Rob,

I needed to watch that video again today.

I took a temp job that required WAY more hours than a mother of 4 with a hubby who is never home and frequently out of town on business shoudl have taken. I kept my girls in a dance class 50 miles away, was in the band for their school play, and tried to do everything a mom should do, plus a job that was a minimum of 40 hours a week.

I didn't think I woudl get through it, but I was doing it to pay for stuff for my kids, and to make sure that I ahd the money ( in hard times) for Slapsticon. I was going to do whatever it took to make sure that I could go to Slapsticon!

Sitting here typing in PA, well, we see how far that got me this year!

I wanted to be in Arlington this week!

Agnes

Well, considering these times, maybe that extra money you put aside for Slapticon this year is better left in the bank. And as of yesterday. Slapsticon 2010 is now less than a whole year away. If we were going to take a year off, this definitely seemed liked the year to do it. Lets hope next year is a happier one for all, and I guarantee you, we'll put on a blast in Arlington in 2010!

July 15-18, 2010, start counting.

RICHARD M ROBERTS