slightly OT: Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
Ben Model
Capo

slightly OT: Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Postby Ben Model » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 pm

It can now be revealed...

"The Ernie Kovacs Collection", a six-disc DVD box set from Shout!Factory is now available for pre-order. The set's 13+ hours of Kovacs programs, sketches and rarities was curated by yours truly; I'd been working on this since May 2010 and had been asked to keep my big trap shut until Shout's press release went wide today (how I didn't leak anything about this at Slapsticon is beyond me).

It's a career retrospective, with Kovacs shows, sketches and other clips from 1951 through 1962, plus a bunch of way-cool extras, some of which haven't been seen in 50 years.

You can order the set on Amazon et al, but you won't be able to get the 7th bonus disc unless you order direct from Shout's website. Click here to go to Shout!Factory's page for the set.

The press release, which lists all the programming, can be read here.

Thanks, and it's been real.

Ben Model

Lisa Bradberry
Associate

Re: slightly OT: Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Postby Lisa Bradberry » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Great news, Ben. Looking forward to it.

Lisa

Ben Model
Capo

Re: slightly OT: Ernie Kovacs DVD box set

Postby Ben Model » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Kovacs-mania is beginning to gather steam, as the DVD set's release date (April 19) looms. Be sure to order your copy from Shout Factory's website in order to receive the bonus DVD that includes surviving material from "Tonight!" hosted by Ernie, and more. The extra disc isn't available through Amazon et al.

Here's some press we've gotten already: