Early Harold Lloyd on TCM

Find out about the latest releases and exhibition of classic films.
David Kalat
Capo

Early Harold Lloyd on TCM

Postby David Kalat » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm kind of surprised no one has posted on this yet, but in less than two months TCM is showing a package of Harold Lloyd films that will include some brand new restorations of Lonesome Luke and other early rarities:
http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html? ... 2013-05-23

I've been informed that the shorts are coming from the Harold Lloyd Trust. A few of them (although I'm not sure which ones) will also be included on the upcoming Criterion Collection Blu-Ray of Safety Last, although Criterion's editions will differ from the ones airing on TCM on May 23--Criterion always does their own transfers, as a matter of policy/pride.

I'm providing the online write-ups for the ones airing on TCM but I haven't received screeners yet so I can't comment on what they look like, but I know TCM's standards are high, so my expectations are spiked. The films to be screened on May 23rd are:

Lonesome Luke, Messenger (’17)
By the Sad Sea Waves (’17)
Bashful (’17)
The Big Idea (’18)
A Gasoline Wedding (’18)
Look Pleasant, Please (’18)
Take a Chance (’18)
Next Aisle Over (’19)
A Sammy in Siberia (’19)
Young Mr. Jazz (’19)
The Marathon (’19)
Spring Fever (’19)
Just Neighbors (’19)

Agnes McFadden
Cugine

Re: Early Harold Lloyd on TCM

Postby Agnes McFadden » Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

David,
I look forward t hearing your take on theese films ( especially since you gave me so much Lloyd to enjoy on the American Slapstick 2.

I have been so excited to see these since a friend allerted me some months ago that they were scheduled. Now I hear that we are supposed to get a terrible rainstorm Thursday night. All the weather casters add " but the weekend will be lovely".
I don't care - it can rain all weekend as far as I'm concerned. I just want my Lloyd on Thursday before I lose signal.
Agnes McFadden