Online Newspaper Archives

Vintage documents, letters, newspaper ads, magazine articles and more -- a library at your fingertips!
Thomas Reeder
Cugine

Online Newspaper Archives

Postby Thomas Reeder » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:49 am

For those of you with experience with any of the online newspaper archives, what are the pluses and minuses of each? I'm thinking of Newspaperarchive.com and Newspapers.com, but perhaps there's another source (aside from the Library of Congress' Chronicling America) that I'm not aware of. I had a subscription to Newspaperarchive.com for several years 8-10 years or so ago, and had some "issues" with it, but I have no idea whether or not their site is as good as it gets. Any feedback? I'd like to re-subscribe, but hope to get the biggest bang for my hard-earned buck.

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Online Newspaper Archives

Postby Rob Farr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Thomas, if you have access to a university library card, they probably have the full run of ProQuest Historical Newspapers. Full-text of the: Atlanta Constitution, Baltimore Sun, Boston Globe, Chicago Defender, Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, Los Angeles Times, New York Amsterdam News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx