Humor Risk Exists!!.....on paper

Vintage documents, letters, newspaper ads, magazine articles and more -- a library at your fingertips!
Gary Johnson
Cugine

Humor Risk Exists!!.....on paper

Postby Gary Johnson » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:26 pm

http://www.brentonfilm.com/articles/the-marx-brothers-lost-film-humor-risk-getting-to-the-bottom-of-a-mystery

When I first stumbled across this article I really wasn't going to give it the time of day. I figured it would be a lot of mindless baloney just to entice rabid Marx fans. Instead I found a very well-researched and comprehensive argument laid out that the Marxes lost 2 reeler could very well exist to this day.
The author thanks Ed Watz for his contributions -- along with a well known but unnamed film historian whose expertise in the history of Reelcraft
helped to unearth new evidence about the film.

Steve Rydzewski
Associate

Re: Humor Risk Exists!!.....on paper

Postby Steve Rydzewski » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Hmmm... I remember Rob Farr first turning up the script to Humor Risk about 25 years ago.

Ain't that right, Rob?

– StevO

Rob Farr
Godfather

Re: Humor Risk Exists!!.....on paper

Postby Rob Farr » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:23 am

I wish! All I came up with were the trade paper blurbs that everyone is now familiar with. Like many low budget comedies of the era, the director and cast might have just been working from a bare plot outline. Regarding its sale to Reelcraft, all the scheduled released Bulls Eye/Reelcraft titles are known because they were listed in the "States' Rights" section of the trades. Obviously, all we have on many of these titles is just that... a title. So Humor Risk might be lurking in some foreign archive under a different title that was then translated to a different language.
Rob Farr
"If it's not comedy, I fall asleep" - Harpo Marx