Brent Walker's Sennett Book Streetdate Nov.15

Vintage documents, letters, newspaper ads, magazine articles and more -- a library at your fingertips!
Tommie Hicks
Capo

Brent Walker's Sennett Book Streetdate Nov.15

Postby Tommie Hicks » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:36 am

Brent's Sennett book is available for pre-order at Amazon to be released November 15. I am posting this from my step-daughter's phone, so I don't know how to post a link. Just in time for Thanksgiving break!

Brent Walker
Capo

Re: Brent Walker's Sennett Book Streetdate Nov.15

Postby Brent Walker » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Tommie Hicks wrote:Brent's Sennett book is available for pre-order at Amazon to be released November 15. I am posting this from my step-daughter's phone, so I don't know how to post a link. Just in time for Thanksgiving break!

Tommie and Chris, thanks for posting that link, and much thanks to anyone who is pre-ordering, or has already pre-ordered. However, I should caution you not to pay too much attention to that Amazon date. I think that date is there just because Amazon requires some date. Previously it said September 30th, but that date was listed in Amazon in July or August, prior to my receiving the galleys in mid August, to proof and compile the index. (McFarland's catalog listed Fall/Winter 09.) I just finished the index (having finished the proofs a month ago) and sent it off the week before last. The editor seemed to think it was unlikely at this point to be out by Christmas, so I would guess a more realistic date might be Jan. 2010, or a little later (that's just my highly unofficial guess). However, I promise it will be well worth the wait! (I've been waiting 20+ years to finally finish it and have it off my plate, so what's a couple more months?)

Brent

Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Wow! Twenty years? Suddenly I don't feel quite so bad...

-- PG

Brent Walker
Capo

Postby Brent Walker » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:Wow! Twenty years? Suddenly I don't feel quite so bad...

-- PG

Well, 30 if you count from the time I started looking through trades for synopses of the films listed in the Turconi and Lahue books, 20 from the time I bought a MacPlus and started typing my filmography information in (and then then next year started going through the Sennett Collection at the Herrick library).

So you have plenty of time Paul, and I definitely am looking forward to settling down in a comfortable sealab pod in 2020, with a cup of hot seaweed tea, to read the ultimate book on Roscoe Arbuckle!

Brent