Message for Richard Warner

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Message for Richard Warner

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey There Richard,

Thanks for the nice words on that other minor silent comedy newsgroup. Please do not be afraid to come over and join the Silent Comedy Mafia, there's room here for experts and novices alike, and fear not my "rudeness" (though I must say, some of the rudest people I've ever met were Brits, so I wouldn't throw stones if I were you), and come join the more lively and informed discussion. Anyone who calls me an "(inter)national treasure" (and Linda Shah says that "treasure" should definitely be in quotes) is okay in my book.

Just use your real name if you decide to join and be welcome.

RICHARD M ROBERTS

Richard Warner

Re: Message for Richard Warner

Postby Richard Warner » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 am

Thanks for the invitation Richard.
And thanks to all relevant Mafia members for the DVD sets which grace my shelves and for expanding my comedy horizons. I used to be a respected member of my local community. Thanks to your efforts, I am now a sad, shambling wreck who spends most of his time giggling uncontrollably at endless re-runs of Jimmy Aubrey shorts and An Old Spanish Custom.
I promise not to clog up your pages with reams of inane drivel and will make a contribution only when I have something INTELLIGENT to say. I'm reliably informed that this happens only two or three times a year at most, so you've nothing to fear!
Thanks again.
Richard Warner

Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Welcome to the group, Richard!

Paul E. Gierucki

Joe Moore
Associate

Postby Joe Moore » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:55 am

Richard Warner wrote: I used to be a respected member of my local community. Thanks to your efforts, I am now a sad, shambling wreck who spends most of his time giggling uncontrollably at endless re-runs of Jimmy Aubrey shorts and An Old Spanish Custom.

You too, huh?

Seriously though, welcome aboard.

Joe Moore

Richard Finegan

Postby Richard Finegan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:47 pm

Welcome aboard to another Richard.
And I'll admit I always kind of liked "An Old Spanish Custom", too.

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Hey, don't nobody badmouth AN OLD SPANISH CUSTOM!
(says the man who has at least six different variations on ATOLL K on his DVD shelf)

Richard Finegan

Postby Richard Finegan » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 pm

Chris Seguin wrote:Hey, don't nobody badmouth AN OLD SPANISH CUSTOM!
(says the man who has at least six different variations on ATOLL K on his DVD shelf)

Hey Chris,
You know I'm always proud to step up and declare my fondness for and interest in ATOLL K.
By the way, did I ever get a copy to you of that version I have that you needed? If not, see you at Slapsticon?

Chris Seguin

Postby Chris Seguin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am

Hey Mr. Finegan, you'll have to remind me which version of ATOLL you have -- I think I've exhausted every variation! (Although I'm still trying to track down a Spanish language version...)
Definitely see you at Slapsticon!
Chris