Moonshine/Pie and Rye Lloyd Hamilton

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Dino Everett
Associate

Moonshine/Pie and Rye Lloyd Hamilton

Postby Dino Everett » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:58 am

Has this ever been released on video? I'm putting together my 9.5 screening for NJ and I ran this Lloyd Hamilton short that Charley Chase has a clear cameo in that I think will be great but I want to make sure it is not something that is common...

Richard M Roberts
Godfather

Re: Moonshine/Pie and Rye Lloyd Hamilton

Postby Richard M Roberts » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:03 am

Dino Everett wrote:Has this ever been released on video? I'm putting together my 9.5 screening for NJ and I ran this Lloyd Hamilton short that Charley Chase has a clear cameo in that I think will be great but I want to make sure it is not something that is common...

Grapevine put it out years ago, but thats no reason not to show it to an audience. It's a great early Lloyd Hamilton Educational short.

RICHARD

Cole Johnson
Associate

Re: Moonshine/Pie and Rye Lloyd Hamilton

Postby Cole Johnson » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 pm

I've seen the Pathescope condensation of this film, with it's proper title, MOONSHINE. Is there a different version called PIE AND RYE? On one of the (I believe) FRACTURED FLICKERS episodes, there was footage from this film not seen in the commonly found version.