MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOL 1 Blu-Ray

Interact with your favorite SCM authors, producers, directors, historians, archivists and silent comedy savants. Or just read along. Whatever.
Paul E. Gierucki
Godfather

Re: MACK SENNETT COLLECTION VOL 1 Blu-Ray

Postby Paul E. Gierucki » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:50 am

Only semi-official, Gary. We have been building the DVD version, without compensation, whether the distributor can be convinced to release it is another story. If people want to see it on DVD they will need to speak up...

Joe Migliore
Cugine

Postby Joe Migliore » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:50 am

Paul E. Gierucki wrote:
We have been building the DVD version, without compensation, whether the distributor can be convinced to release it is another story. If people want to see it on DVD they will need to speak up.

I'm willing to voice my pro-DVD sentiments. I guess the Flicker Alley site would be the appropriate forum for that. And I just sent it. (Pasquale, you might want to weigh in on this.)

Gary Johnson
Cugine

Postby Gary Johnson » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:46 pm

I see the story has altered since yesterday. That'll teach me to sleep the night away.

Well Paul, do your research and make the decision that will be most beneficial for your company. No sense hurting your bottom line just to try to appease everyone. As if The Public is ever satisfied....

Pasquale Ventura

Postby Pasquale Ventura » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:46 pm

Joe Migliore
I'm willing to voice my pro-DVD sentiments. I guess the Flicker Alley site would be the appropriate forum for that. And I just sent it. (Pasquale, you might want to weigh in on this.)

I've already sent Flicker Alley a couple emails voicing in favor of a DVD release. They have responded politely if there's enough to warrant a release, they will. So yeah, email them by all means.

However, since this set's release I have been able to purchase an affordable Bluray player and have picked up the Sennett set from the Flicker Alley booth at Cinecon. I would still enjoy a set on standard DVD as well.

That said, I finally hooked up that dang-blasted Bluray player a few weeks ago and have watched all three discs, a few shorts every morning. The Shorts are hilarious and presented very nicely. Every one involved in this production should be very proud. Having 50 Mack Sennet/Keystone comedies all in one set is something to treasure. It's difficult to pick a favorite they are all so good. Ones that I have a passion for are the Syd Chaplin Gussle comedies, GALLOPING BUNGALOWS, A FISHY AFFAIR, SHOT IN THE EXCITEMENT, DOWN ON THE FARM, THE DAREDEVIL, GYMNASIUM JIM, BLACK OXFORDS, HOBOKEN TO HOLLYWOOD, ICE COLD COCOS. Better stop there, hell, all the shorts are great.

Pasquale Ventura