Search found 171 matches

by William Ferry
Tue Sep 15, 2026 5:11 pm
Forum: SOUND MOVIE MAIN
Topic: MARCH OF TIME Reconstruction (1930/1933)
Replies: 3
Views: 4331

Re: MARCH OF TIME Reconstruction (1930/1933)

Rob Farr wrote:Jake Reed took down his first upload on YT and replaced it with this: https://youtu.be/5QNv9KFF-Eo?si=0OC_ohL0yfJJ1cJ8


Thank you for the update! I thought it would be fascinating, and it surely was! Somewhere on high, Harry Rapf is saying, "See! See! What'd I tell you?"
by William Ferry
Wed Sep 02, 2026 6:29 pm
Forum: SOUND MOVIE MAIN
Topic: MARCH OF TIME Reconstruction (1930/1933)
Replies: 3
Views: 4331

Re: MARCH OF TIME Reconstruction (1933)

Hi Rob, this sounds fascinating, but I'm getting a "This video is private" message, regardless of whether I use a browser or the app.
by William Ferry
Thu Jul 30, 2026 1:16 am
Forum: Books, DVDs, Broadcasts & Screenings
Topic: James Curtis on FUN FOR ALL AGES Podcast
Replies: 5
Views: 4474

Re: James Curtis on FUN FOR ALL AGES Podcast

About fifteen minutes after finishing the podcast, I ordered the book! Great stuff. I'd recently finished Mr. Curtis' bio of Spencer Tracy, so I knew I was in for some good reading.
by William Ferry
Sat May 30, 2026 2:34 am
Forum: Books, DVDs, Broadcasts & Screenings
Topic: PRESENTING MR. AND MRS. SIDNEY DREW - New Book
Replies: 4
Views: 6528

Re: PRESENTING MR. AND MRS. SIDNEY DREW - New Book

Plug away, I got my copy recently, and it's great!
by William Ferry
Sat Jan 31, 2026 9:00 pm
Forum: SILENT COMEDY MAIN
Topic: Author - Historian John Bengtson Has Passed
Replies: 3
Views: 1985

Re: Author - Historian John Bengtson Has Passed

John was a real-life treasure hunter, with the added bonus that he shared his treasure with us. His then-and-now studies of the real world locations of the silent era were, and are, endlessly fascinating. I'm sorry he's gone, but we can console ourselves knowing he's visiting these sites while all t...
by William Ferry
Tue Dec 23, 2025 12:37 pm
Forum: SILENT COMEDY MAIN
Topic: COMIQUE Magazine Volume 2 no 1
Replies: 8
Views: 4827

Re: COMIQUE Magazine Volume 2 no 1

Give the recent demise of CLASSIC IMAGES, this is a welcome Christmas present. Thanks to all the contributors; its always a happy day when we can get nice things! Happy Holidays, one and all!
by William Ferry
Wed Nov 12, 2025 6:27 pm
Forum: Books, DVDs, Broadcasts & Screenings
Topic: Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations Volume 2 release date 11/11/2025
Replies: 7
Views: 23344

Re: Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations Volume 2 release date 11/11/2025

I'll add to the praise (and post an Amazon review as well). Heartiest of congratulations to all involved. The films look WONDERFUL! They put my Super 8 Blackhawks to shame. MEN O'WAR really does look as pristine as advertised. Even if there isn't a third volume in the pipeline, I'm grateful to have ...
by William Ferry
Thu Oct 23, 2025 8:53 am
Forum: Books, DVDs, Broadcasts & Screenings
Topic: Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations Volume 2 release date 11/11/2025
Replies: 7
Views: 23344

Re: Laurel & Hardy: The Definitive Restorations Volume 2 release date 11/11/2025

It's on my backorder list, can't wait! I loved the first set, and this promises to be just as much fun. Generally, I avoid double-dipping (I have the Vivendi set), but this is worth making an exception! Thank you for all your hard work, it's really appreciated.
by William Ferry
Tue Oct 14, 2025 3:42 pm
Forum: SILENT COMEDY MAIN
Topic: CLASSIC IMAGES is closing its doors
Replies: 2
Views: 8020

Re: CLASSIC IMAGES is closing its doors

Well, it was a pretty good run. I discovered it when I was a senior in college back in 1980 (having received a few of those free sampler issues they sent to prospective subscribers). I subscribed regularly for about 7-8 years. After a lapse, I decided to call them to renew (this was after the Muscat...
by William Ferry
Wed Oct 08, 2025 12:10 am
Forum: SILENT COMEDY MAIN
Topic: SCM OUTAGES and OVERHAUL
Replies: 3
Views: 8859

Re: SCM OUTAGES and OVERHAUL

Glad to see we're all alive and well!